The Southern Alleghenies Workforce Development Board (SAWDB) oversees the region’s public workforce system and its PA CareerLink® offices and serves as an integral partner in Pennsylvania’s workforce development efforts. The SAWDB supports local and regional economic development through its strategic investments in programs that enable individuals to secure family-sustaining jobs and employers to hire and retain a skilled workforce.
As a regional partner in workforce development, SAWDB acts as the ‘honest broker’ by bringing the appropriate organizations and resources to a common table to address a myriad of workforce-related challenges. Through its strategic planning efforts for the six-county region which encompasses Bedford, Blair, Cambria, Fulton, Huntingdon and Somerset counties, the Board establishes a regional vision and priorities to support economic development through workforce initiatives. Conveniently located in each of the region’s six counties, PA CareerLink® staff provide services to job seekers, workers, training providers and employers. Visit www.gocareerlink.org for more information.
PA CareerLink® can propel business for Employers at no cost. They are the Employer’s hub for saving time and money on recruitment, hiring and training.
Recruitment services include:
- Job postings on PA CareerLink®, Pennsylvania’s job board.
- One-on-one technical assistance with the PA CareerLink® website: pacareerlink.pa.gov
- Labor market data research and assistance.
- Resume screening plus immediate access to thousands of applicants, including veterans.
Training services include:
- On-the-job training with minimum savings of 40% on qualified new hires.
- Access to low-cost industry partnership training and professional development opportunities.
- Professional development workshops for employers.
- Licensed provider of:
- ACT WorkKeys® Skills Assessment
- NorthStar Digital Assistance
Industry partnership initiatives across the region promote cooperation among business sectors while also facilitating direct contact with training providers to deliver direct communication with educational institutions and providing valuable input into curriculum development. The result is a pipeline of qualified candidates for future openings.
All of these services are available at no cost by accessing the PA CareerLink® office conveniently located to you listed below: